Wednesday – Friday | 11 am – 4 pm
Saturday | 12 - 4 pm
Sunday – Tuesday | Closed
IMCA's interim museum is closed during exhibition installation periods, and on Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Please check the website regularly for closure updates due to inclement weather, emergencies, holidays, and exhibition installation.
UCI is pleased to offer free admission. IMCA's interim museum is welcome to all.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
To ensure safety for visitors and staff, IMCA has implemented the following measures:
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick. Check the CDC website for coronavirus symptoms.
- Face masks worn over the nose and mouth are required of all visitors and staff.
- Maintain physical distance of at least six feet from people outside of your group or household.
- IMCA may be limiting the number of visitors in the interim museum at one time which may result in delayed entrance for visitors.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at the entrances to the building and inside the interim museum.
- IMCA does not provide a coat or bag check. Please leave large items at home or in your car.
Until the new museum is constructed on the campus of UC Irvine, IMCA operates an interim museum on the main level of the Airport Tower building at 18881 Von Karman Avenue in downtown Irvine.
The 2,500 square foot space features a changing rotation of exhibitions that include works on loan and from the permanent collection.
Parking is free with validation for IMCA visitors. The parking garage is conveniently located at the intersection of Martin and Von Karman Avenue and adjacent to the main entry of Airport Tower. Upon arrival, retrieve a ticket at the yellow gate and proceed to the parking garage. Please bring your parking ticket into the interim museum for validation.
Two-hour visitor spaces are available on Level 1 of the parking garage with longer term parking on Levels 2 and above. Accessible parking for visitors with disabilities is located outside the parking garage adjacent to the main entry of Airport Tower.
Airport Tower and IMCA's interim museum are fully accessible to wheelchair users.
Compact strollers are permitted in the interim museum.
Sketching and writing in the exhibition space are encouraged. Visitors may use pencils or colored pencils only. For the safety of the art on view, pens, markers, charcoal, and wet media are not permitted. If you need a pencil, please ask. IMCA staff are happy to provide you with one.
As a courtesy to other visitors, please conduct mobile phone conversations in the lobby adjacent to the interim museum entrance or outside the building.
Benches and portable gallery stools are available for seating while in the exhibition space.
Please do not touch any work of art, including frames. For the safety of the works on view, IMCA may display artworks behind stanchions or use tape on the floor to indicate how far a visitor should stand from the artwork.
Please supervise small children at all times while in the interim museum.
Group Visits (temporarily unavailable through 2021)
Request a Group Visit at Group Visits & Tours
If you need additional information about Guided and Self-Guided Group Visits for 10+ people, please contact Julie Delliquanti, Visitor Experience Manager, at email@example.com or 949-476-0294 at least two weeks in advance of your visit.
Submit your request for a Virtual School Visit for grades 3 – 12 at K – 12 Education.
If you need additional information about School Visits, please email Sofia Gutierrez, Associate Director of Education and Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitors are permitted to take non-flash photography for personal, noncommercial use according to the guidelines below:
- Visitors may use hand-held cameras, mobile phones, and tablets with the flash turned off. Tripods, lights, selfie sticks, and videography are not permitted.
- Photography of works on loan is sometimes prohibited by lenders. For clarification about what may be photographed, please consult with visitor experience staff on the day of your visit.
- Maintain a safe distance of at least 18” from art on view in the exhibition space.
- Respect the space of other visitors enjoying the interim museum.
- Share your experience with us on social media. @uciimca #uciimca
Food & Drink
Food and drink are not permitted inside the interim museum.
Trained service animals are welcome in the interim museum. Pets and therapy, comfort, and emotional support animals are not permitted.